- A Georgian inspired dish packed with so much flavor. Perfect for large groups because it can easily scale
- Cook Time45 minutes
- Servings 4 people
- 4 Chicken Breasts cubed into bite size pieces
- 200 grams Khmeli Suneli Gryffon Ridge Spice Merchants
- 2 cup Rice Arborio
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil plus 1-2 tbsp more for frying the chicken
- 2 pinch Saffron I used 10 strands
In a bowl add the chicken breast pieces and the khmeli suneli seasoning and give everything a good mix. You should be very liberal with the seasoning as that is where all the flavors are coming from.
In a sauté pan add the olive oil and bring it up to a high heat. Add the saffron and let it fry and sputter and then add the rice. Fry the rice for about 10-15 seconds giving the pan a good shake and then add 1.5 cups of water. Be careful because there is oil in there. Use a wooden spoon to give everything a good stir. Let it boil and then turn the heat down to a simmer. No need to cover the pan, you want the water to evaporate as its cooking. Stir the rice every 4-5 minutes until it is done (25-30 minutes).
In another pan add a healthy amount of olive oil of olive oil on medium high heat and then add the chicken pieces. Fry the chicken until it is well browned.
When the rice is done put it in a dish and pour the chicken and all the flavored oil over the rice.